Entry-Level Police Officer Hiring Process
Elk Grove Village Police Department
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
The Elk Grove Village Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Elk Grove Village Police Department:
- United States citizen or eligible alien, and must speak English;
- At least 21 and under the age of 35 by the date of the written examination (March 21, 2020) unless exempt by state statute;
- Possess high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Completed 60 semester college credit hours from an accredited college or university as of 6/30/2020 -OR- must have served 24 months of active duty or 180 days of combat duty as designated by the Department of Defense in the United States Armed Forces, and have not been discharged under circumstances other than honorable.
- No felony convictions and must be of good moral character. The applicant understands that the Village is not requesting, nor should the applicant disclose expunged juvenile records of adjudication or arrest;
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license;
- Possess 20/40 corrected vision;
- Successfully pass a written examination, background investigation, oral interview with the Board of Fire and Police Commission, polygraph, medical evaluation (to include drug and alcohol screening), and psychological evaluation;
- Must possess a valid POWER Test card, issued within 12 months of the written exam date (March 21, 2020);
- Only POWER Test cards issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, or Joliet Junior College will be accepted.*
- Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (March 21, 2020).
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
A maximum of (6) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Elk Grove Village for any one the following: military, education, or law enforcement training.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Elk Grove Village Police Department provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Village of Elk Grove Village complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Village of Elk Grove Village prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.