Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com) located in Kane County, Illinois is Now Accepting Applications for the position of Telecommunicator (Full-time).
Tri-Com Central Dispatch is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in St. Charles, Illinois. We receive 9-1-1 calls and dispatch police, fire and emergency medical calls. Duties involve answering 9-1-1 calls, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via a computer-aided dispatch terminal, and answering administrative and non-emergency lines.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
- Ability to speak clear articulate English
- Full range of hearing in both ears
- Type accurately with a speed of at least 40 WPM (typing test must be passed in order to proceed with interview process)
The position supports a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation and applicants must have the desire and ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in public-safety dispatching
- Multi-line telephone equipment
- Fast paced, computerized customer service experience
- Flexibility, split ear and multi-tasking are paramount
Applicants must successfully pass applicant testing, a keystroke/typing test, and an oral board interview. After placement on the eligibility list, applicants will take a polygraph test, extensive background investigation
, criminal history check, psychological evaluation, physical exam, and drug test.
- Current Starting Salary: $49,982
- Group Health/Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- IMRF pension
- Holiday, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Represented by Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP)
Experienced 9-1-1 Telecommunicators
If you are an experienced 9-1-1 Telecommunicator, you may be eligible to start at a higher pay scale ($51,232 to $55,862). This is dependent on a review of your experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
You may submit your application by:
Scan and email to:
Applications are available at:http://tricom911.org/careers
At our facility:
3823 Karl Madsen Drive
St. Charles, Il 60175
You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
No phone calls