Tri-Com Central Dispatch (Tri-Com) located in Kane County, Illinois is Now Accepting Applications for the position of Telecommunicator (Full-time).
Tri-Com Central Dispatch is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in St. Charles, Illinois. We receive 9-1-1 calls and dispatch police, fire and emergency medical calls. Duties involve answering 9-1-1 calls, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via a computer-aided dispatch terminal, and answering administrative and non-emergency lines.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
- Ability to speak clear articulate English
- Full range of hearing in both ears
- Type accurately with a speed of at least 40 WPM (typing test must be passed in order to proceed with interview process)
The position supports a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation and applicants must have the desire and ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in public-safety dispatching
- Multi-line telephone equipment
- Fast paced, computerized customer service experience
- Flexibility, split ear and multi-tasking are paramount
Applicants must successfully pass applicant testing, a keystroke/typing test, and an oral board interview. After placement on the eligibility list, applicants will take a polygraph test, extensive background investigation
, criminal history check, psychological evaluation, physical exam, and drug test.
- Current Starting Salary: $51,482
- Group Health/Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- IMRF pension
- Holiday, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Represented by Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP)
Experienced 9-1-1 Telecommunicators
If you are an experienced 9-1-1 Telecommunicator, you may be eligible to start at a higher pay rate. This is dependent on a review of your experience and qualifications. Current salary range for this position is $51,482 to $72,680.
How to Apply:
You may submit your application by:
Scan and email to:
Applications are available at:http://tricom911.org/careers
At our facility:
3823 Karl Madsen Drive
St. Charles, Il 60175
To be eligible for the next round of testing, applications must be received by TBD.
You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
No phone calls