The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Glenwood is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Testing is being conducted for anticipated hiring and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
The Glenwood Fire Department provides fire protection and emergency medical services (EMS) to the community in a cost-efficient operation. The Department’s personnel include five full-time and twenty-eight Paid-On-Call (P.O.C.) Firefighters. The P.O.C. Firefighters carry pagers to alert them to respond when needed.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Applications will be online for purchase until 2:00 PM 2/26/20
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Glenwood FD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st Birthday at the last date for filing applications 2/26/20, and must be under the age of 35 by 3/14/20 and at such time as the Final Eligibility List is posted unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement AND shall have an Associate’s Degree or at least 60 college credit hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University OR military service with an honorable discharge OR has been certified as a full-time Firefighter in the state of Illinois OR is a certified EMT in the State if Illinois. (Preference will be given to Certified Firefighter/Paramedics) *
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- CPAT: Must possess a valid CPAT with Ladder Climb Certification issued within the dates of 2/26/19 – 2/26/20.
- Residence: At this time there is no established residency requirement declared by the Village of Glenwood, IL
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Glenwood Fire Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Registration starts at 8:30 A.M.
Orientation Program - 9:00 A.M.
Written Exam immediately following the Orientation
Glenwood Village Hall
One Asselborn Way
Glenwood, IL 60425
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Glenwood which is an Equal Opportunity Employer