*DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 11, 2020 AT 4:00 PM*
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Maywood is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter.
Testing is being conducted for anticipated hiring needs and to establish a new eligibility list for future hiring.
The Maywood Fire Department enjoys a long and distinguished tradition of service to the community. In recent years, the Department has become a vital participant in a Mutual Aid Response system, which facilitates coordinated coverage and responses to emergency situations by Fire Departments throughout Chicago’s western suburbs.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 3/11/20 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Maywood FD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (3/11/20). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years on 3/21/20 and when the final eligibility register is posted; unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 – 2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois or turned 35 while in the military and are under the age of 40.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Residence: At this time there are no stated requirements for residency declared by the Village of Maywood.
- CPAT - NOTE: All candidates must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certification issued between the dates of 3/4/19 and 3/11/20 (MUST provide a copy of certification in their returned support packet material and bring certification on the day of test.)
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Maywood Fire Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, March 21, 2020
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation - 9:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
805 S. 17th Avenue
Test Preparation/Study Session will be given by the Village of Maywood.
For more information and/or to register please call the Commission Office at:
Tuesday - Thursday
between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Maywood, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.