The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Maywood is now accepting applications for the position of: Entry Level Police Officer.
Testing is being conducted for multiple immediate new hires and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
The mission of the Maywood Police Department is to improve the quality of life in the Village of Maywood by delivering professional and progressive law enforcement services in partnership with the community.
The Maywood Police Department delivers services to the Village of Maywood through a multifaceted approach to resolve problems while maintaining a value system centered around Mutual Respect, Integrity, Transparency, and Constitutional Equality.
Applications are available at: www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com
Applications will be online for purchase until 3/6/19 - 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, March 6, 2018 by 4:00 PM
Note: This is not a postmark date
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Maywood PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver's License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (3/6/19). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years on 3/6/19 (and when final eligibility register is posted) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 – 2. 1-6 which provides in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time police officer in a regularly constituted police department of any municipality.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Residence: Must reside within a 15-mile radius of the boundaries of Maywood within one (1) year of hire.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card - Note: All candidates must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card issued between the dates of 3/6/18 and 3/6/19 (MUST provide a copy of card in their returned support packet material and bring card on the day of test.)
- POWER Test Certifications available at:
- NIPSTA - Glenview, IL www.nipsta.org
- Joliet Junior College - Contact Janet Graham 815-280-2674
- Triton College - River Grove www.triton.edu/power
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Maywood Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, March 23, 2019 Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation – 9:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation Location:
805 S. 17th Avenue
Test Preparation/Study Sessions will be given by the Village of Maywood on:
January 26, 2019
February 9, 2019
February 23, 2019 For more information and/or to register please call the Commission Office at:
Tuesday - Friday
between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Maywood, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.