Village of Niles
Lateral Accelerated Entry for Police Officer
The Village of Niles, Illinois (population 29,617) is seeking candidates for the position of full-time Pre-Certified Police Officer only.
Police Officers conduct preventive patrol and general policing functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of lives and property within the Village. Officers provide initial response to emergency and non-emergency service requests, investigate complaints, document investigation findings, enforce laws and ordinances, complete reports, and provide a wide range of public service activities. Officers may also be assigned special projects on an on-going or short term basis, and are required to draw upon extensive training and procedural guidelines, mandates, and laws governing their response and conduct when determining the appropriate action to take in a particular situation. Performs other related duties, as assigned. Patrol Officers are assigned to a specific shift and report directly to their assigned Sergeant and Commander.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Applicants for pre-certified appointment to the position of Police Officer must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
- At least 21 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- Currently a certified Law Enforcement Officer through the Illinois Law Enforcement Standard Training Board; Out of state officers must provide documentation that they have fulfilled the requirements of the training board
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 60 hours of college credit from an accredited college/university
- Possess a Valid Driver's License
- Physically able to perform Police Duties, Pass Basic Agility Screening
- No Felony convictions or convictions for certain misdemeanor violations
Salary/How to Apply: The starting annual base salary for Pre-Certified Officers is:
$73,352.52 - $77,020.14
depending on years of full-time, continuous law enforcement experience, with a competitive benefit package
This position is non-exempt under FLSA.
For more information on the Village of Niles view the website at: www.nilespd.com
To apply, visit the job posting at: https://www.vniles.com/1143/Lateral-Entry-Police-Testing
This is an ongoing job posting, application deadline is March 5, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.