"To Serve and Protect"
The City of Flagstaff Offers:
$41,910 - $53,726 (includes 5% add pay)
- Initial compensation, including 5% add pay, $41,910
- Step increases at:
- Graduation from academy
- Completion of FTO
- One year anniversary
- $46,388 (includes 5% add pay) after 1 year satisfactory performance
- Annual merit increases thereafter
- Assignment Pay of up to $1800 for:
- Tactical Operations
- Bomb Squad
- Hostage Negotiations
- Motor Officers
- Accident Investigation
- Lateral officers eligible for higher compensation
- $43,417 - $44,903 (includes 5% add pay)
- Promotional Opportunities include increase in compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- 11 days vacation
- 11 paid holidays
- 12 days sick leave
- Public Safety Retirement
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty leave
- Military leave
- Family & Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Deferred compensation
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Annual wellness assessment
- Repetitive Motion Therapy
- Credit Union membership
- Direct deposit
- Cell phone discounts
- Promotional Opportunities
- Continuing Education
- In-house training opportunities
104 - Commissioned
29 - Communications
24 - Support Services
The City of Flagstaff, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer, without regard to race, color, creed, gender or ethnic origin, to establish an eligibility list for current and future openings in the Police Department.
This is general duty police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. This position requires working shifts to include working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, and written exams are held the first Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
- Graduation from a standard high school or G.E.D.
- Any combination of experience and training predicting the success to fulfill the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to pass the different phases of police testing.
- Must meet APOST pre-employment drug use standards.
- Upon employment, police officers must complete and graduate from an approved academy.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must successfully complete a polygraph examination.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Some college level course work, preferably related to police work.
- All emergency service employees shall maintain their principal residence within a prescribed area.
- Must possess or obtain upon employment a valid Arizona driver's license.
Apply on-line at:
Viewed: 7,263 (7/15/05 - 11/1/06)