Listening > Responding > Contributing
SHARE YOUR PASSION
You're good at what you do, and you know why it matters. Here is an opportunity to bring your expertise into a dynamic environment and increase the positive impact of your talent.
We welcome you to inspire others, contribute to your profession, and enjoy the complete educational experience, collegial setting, and advanced resources of Harper. Share more than your expertise. Share your passion for success.
The Harper College Police Department is currently seeking applicants for the Police Officer position.
As a Police Officer, you will be responsible for the protection of life and property, prevention of crimes, preservation of peace, enforcement of all laws and ordinances, and the arrest and prosecution of violators.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field OR a combination of college education and experience or equivalent experience (Equivalent experience is defined as one year of college equivalence for every two years of "on point" job related experience)
- Be at least 21 years of age and a US citizen
- Possess a valid Illinois driver's license
- Successful completion of background investigation, medical examination, psychological evaluation, polygraph examination and oral interview
- Must have successfully completed the Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- Must possess certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board or be qualified to take the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board "Out of State Reciprocity" requirements, to include: a. Mandatory Firearms Training b. Law for Illinois Police c. Equivalency Exam
- Successful completion of the P.O.W.E.R. test
To learn more about this position and apply, visit us at:
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.