Village of Elmwood Park
The Village of Elmwood Park, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants for employment for the position of entry level police officer, which will result in the establishment of an employment eligibility list.
- Applications will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Elmwood Park.
- Applicants must have an associate’s degree or a minimum of 60 hours of college credit. A copy of their degree and/or college transcripts must be submitted with each application or such applicant will not be eligible to participate in the testing process. Applicants must also provide a copy of any military service records, and discharge papers; a copy of their current driver’s license; a copy of their birth certificate; and a copy of their high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate. Veterans must submit a copy of their DD214 form, no later than ten (10) days after the posting of the eligibility list, in order to become eligible for five preference points.
- All applicants must have successfully completed the Power Test and shall be required to present valid current dated documentation of having successfully completed such Power Test on or before the date of the written examination, in order to participate in the testing process.
- Applicants must present their current Driver’s License (expired or suspended license or tickets are not acceptable), in order to gain entrance into the Mandatory Orientation or else entrance will not be allowed.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age, except as provided in 65 IL CS 5/10-2.1-6(d).
- Applications may only be obtained in person at the Village Hall, located at 11 Conti Parkway in Elmwood Park, Illinois. Applications will not be mailed or emailed to Applicants.
Applications must be returned to:
Elmwood Park Village Hall
11 Conti Parkway
Elmwood Park, IL 60707
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 28, 2020. Applications must be received at the Village Hall by either personal delivery or by mail delivery no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 28, 2020, or the application will not be accepted.
Applications must be accompanied by a $30.00 non-refundable application fee, to be paid by money order or check made payable to the Village of Elmwood Park. As an alternative, applicants may pay by credit card at the time of delivery, if the application is personally delivered to 11 Conti Parkway, Elmwood Park.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION will be held beginning at 9:00 a.m. on:
Sunday, September 27, 2020
Parks and Recreation Center
2 Conti Parkway
Elmwood Park, Illinois 60707
WRITTEN EXAMINATION immediately following
Failure to attend the orientation/written examination shall disqualify the applicant from proceeding any further in the testing process, and the $30.00 application fee shall be forfeited.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F