Village of Riverwoods Police Department invites applications for the position of: Police Records Administrator (Part-Time)
M, Th, F from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Village of Riverwoods is seeking a part-time Records Administrator for the Police Department. This is a non-sworn position responsible to perform a variety of clerical tasks in support of the Police Department function to document, process, maintain and control Police records, case files, statistics and related information. Work includes data entry into Records Management System (RMS), processing of departmental citations and complaints, preparation of court documents, responding to public information requests, providing for a public safety answering point, and other related duties. Additionally, this is a shared position that also acts as an Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Police.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all Police records including offence, arrest, accident, and other reports to forward copies to appropriate Village Prosecutor and State's Attorney's offices. Files and maintains files of departmental records including police reports, computer records and other documents. Scans documents into the document imaging system. Prepares Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) documents. Compiles statistical data for analysis.
- Performs record expungement orders. Completes subpoena requests. Processes FOIA requests from public and insurance companies. Answers telephone inquiries and responds to Police Department communications both oral and written. Provides customer service to walkin traffic at Records window.
- Enters written traffic citations, warning citations, verbal warnings and parking tickets into records systems. Prepares weekly bond transmittal to county court. Acts as liaison to local courts. Organizes files and prepares court folders for officers. Notifies necessary witnesses for local court.
- Accepts and documents bonds, parking fines and other Village payments. Performs cash receipt reconciliation.
- Performs highly responsible and confidential duties for the Chief of Police.
The work environment typifies a general office setting and is usually quiet.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Equipment used includes, but is not limited to, personal computer and software; copy machine/scanner; fax machine; and writing implements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; talk; hear; use hands to grasp objects, operate controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- High level of skill in word processing.
- Working knowledge of computers and modern office practices and procedures.
Download Application at:
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED AT:
Riverwoods Police Department
845 Saunders Road
Riverwoods, IL 60015