Application & Testing Deadline:
All candidates must take the FireTEAM test through National Testing Network between September 1, 2020 and prior to November 15, 2020.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Oak Brook:
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of filing the application and under 35 years of age, unless the applicant is exempt from that age limitation under Section 10-2.1-6 of the Act.
- U.S. citizenship;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Necessary Certifications : Valid Paramedic License issued by Illinois Department of Public Health at the time of the application. Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certificates as licensed and approved by the International Fire Chief's Association and the International Association of Fire Fighters and issued within one year of the testing deadline;
- No felony convictions, a crime of moral turpitude, or a misdemeanor specifically listed in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6 or 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.3, as amended from time to time.
The BFPC offers full testing services for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic through National Testing Network, Inc.
To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to:
Select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for Oak Brook Fire Department Firefighter/Paramedic.
The Village of Oak Brook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Oak Brook Fire Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.