Huntley Police Department
The Village of Huntley, Illinois is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of police officer with the Huntley Police Department.
The Village of Huntley is one of the most rapidly expanding communities in Illinois and offers an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, paid vacation, and pension plan.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Huntley:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee;
- U.S. citizenship or permanent legal resident of the United States;
- No convictions for felony offenses or crimes of moral turpitude (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Possess an Associate's Degree awarded by an accredited college or community college*; *Associate's Degree may be waived if one or more of the following applies: a) Applicant has served for at least 24 months of honorable active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, b) Applicant has served for 180 days of Honorable active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense, c) Applicant has a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college, or university, -OR- successfully received credit for a minimum of 60 earned credit hours towards a degree from an accredited college or university;
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license and good driving record;
- Possess a valid FOID (Firearm Owner Identification Card) at time of appointment;
- Minimum of 21 years of age -AND- Be 35 years of age or under at time of application, unless the candidate is exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Police Commissioners' Act;
- Possess a valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test Card with an issue date no more than 9 months prior to the application deadline date of September 11, 2020. (Only POWER Test Cards issued between January 11, 2020 and September 11, 2020 will be accepted).
- Successfully pass an oral interview, polygraph, psychological evaluation, a pre-employment physical and drug screen, and any other examinations deemed necessary by the Village of Huntley;
- There is no residency requirement for the Village of Huntley.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Village of Huntley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the continuing policy of the Huntley Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.