The Board of the Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Island Lake will be accepting applications for the position of: Full-Time Police Officer
Testing is being conducted for an immediate need to hire and to establish a new Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the Office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Island Lake PD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have attained their 21st birthday at the last date for filing applications (9/23/20). Applicants must be under 35 years of age at the time of application (9/23/20) and at such time as the Initial Eligibility Register is posted unless exempt from age limitations as provided for in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6. Which provides in part that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a Certified (full-time) Law Enforcement Officer for a municipality in the United States.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Be of good moral character; of temperate habits; of sound health and must be physically able to perform the duties of the position of police officer. The burden of establishing these qualifications rests upon the applicant.
- May not have any felony convictions; misdemeanor convictions may be considered in determining whether or not an applicant is of good character.
- Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process including an expansive background investigation which may include criminal, personal and credit history as well as a polygraph test, and a psychological and medical examination including a drug screen.
- Must have visual acuity 20/20 each eye corrected (minimum) with normal color vision and depth perception.
P.O.W.E.R Card is not required to test.
Must have a valid POWER Card at time of conditional offer of employment.
(NIPSTA www.nipsta.org , Triton www.triton.edu/POWER or Joliet Jr. College www.jjc.edu/about-jjc/facilities/power-testing)
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be Downloaded at:
The deadline to return all completed applications is Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Late applications will not be accepted. No exceptions.
A $40.00 non-refundable application fee applies. Applications are NOT available nor accepted at the Island Lake Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Orientation and Written Examination:
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
Orientation 9:00 AM
October 10, 2020
Written Examination immediately following Orientation
Island Lake Village Hall Gym
3720 Greenleaf Avenue
Island Lake, IL 60042
Island Lake Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal, State and Local Laws regarding employment.