The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Alsip is now accepting applications for the position of: Entry Level Law Enforcement.
The Alsip Police Department strives for excellence in Law Enforcement. Their main goal is to keep their community safe for the citizens of Alsip, Illinois.
Testing is being conducted for new hires and to establish an eligibility list for anticipated future hiring needs.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 9/16/20 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 by 4:00 PM
(NOTE: This is not a postmark date)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Alsip PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicant must be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (9/16/20) and at such time as the final eligibility list is posted, unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6., which provides in part that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a Certified (full-time) Law Enforcement Officer in a municipality in the United States. Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (9/16/20).
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement AND must have at least 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university.
- Residence: Must reside in one of the following counties, Cook, Will, DuPage or Kendall following the 18-month probationary period.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. (Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report) Card from a certified testing agency, MUST have been issued between the dates of 9/16/19 and 9/16/20.
- P.O.W.E.R. Certifications available at:
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $45.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Alsip Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, October 3, 2020
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Orientation – 8:30 AM
Written Examination immediately following Orientation
Alsip Village Hall
4500 W. 123rd Street
Alsip, IL 60803
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Alsip, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.