The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of University Park are now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter.
Testing is being conducted to establish an Eligibility List for Immediate Hires and anticipated future hiring needs.
Since 1967, the University Park Fire Department has been dedicated to serving the residents of the community and those who work and visit there. The Fire Department is made up of 18 career personnel, including the Fire Chief, Deputy Chief, 3 Lieutenants, and 13 firefighter/paramedics. All full-time personnel, including the Chief and Deputy Chief, are certified firefighters and paramedics.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 9/23/20 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: University Park FD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application and upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (9/23/20). Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the date of testing (10/10/20) and at such time as the Final Eligibility Register is posted unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 -2.1—6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Certifications: The applicant MUST be a State of Illinois, Office of the State Fire Marshall, Certified Basic Operations Firefighter (formerly Firefighter II) at time of application 9/23/20. Must be certified as an EMT-P by the State of Illinois at the time of hire.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Residence: Must reside within a (30) mile radius of the University Park Village Hall within one year of your employment date.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
- CPAT: (MUST possess a valid) Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certification at the time of application, MUST have been issued between the dates of 9/23/19 and 9/23/20.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the University Park Fire Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Orientation – 8:30 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
90 Town Center
University Park,IL 60484
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of University Park, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.