The Park City Police Department is seeking Experienced Police Officers for the development of a lateral entry list.
- Pre-screening application review by Police Department Command Staff
- Oral interview with Police Commission
- Establishment of eligibility list by Police Commission
- Pre-employment background investigation
Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will also be required to complete and pass:
- Medical examination
- Physiological evaluation
About Our Community:
Park City is a small suburban community with a population of 7,406. Park City is located 32 miles north of the City of Chicago, between the City of Waukegan and the Village of Gurnee in the heart of Lake County, Illinois. Park City is mostly residential but also has a medical corridor along with a good balance of retail and industry.
Applications for initial consideration should be submitted by:
November 15, 2020 12:00 PM
Applications accepted after November 15, 2020 will be kept on file according to Police Commission Rules and Regulations.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications for lateral entry:
Applicants for lateral appointment to the position of Police Officer must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
- State of Illinois certification or waiver by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Individuals must be at least 21 years old.
- Education - High school education or equivalent thereof.
- Experience – Must have previously been a full-time sworn Police Officer in any municipal, county, university or state law enforcement agency, provided they are certified or have the ability to be certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and have been previously employed as a law enforcement officer within the last two (2) years.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examinations and training requirements.
- Must furnish upon application if applicable, a copy of the following: a resume; professional licenses; training certificates; documents confirming work experience; birth certificate; high school diploma or GED certificate; transcripts of higher learning; naval or military service board and discharge papers (DD-214); employee evaluations; and any other employment related material as requested or required.
Application packets will include a description of the duties, responsibilities, requisite skills and other minimum qualifications or requirements.
Age limitations do not apply to lateral applicants to the extent provided in 10-2.1-6(d) of the BPPC Act.
Police officer applicant packets are available on-line at the following link:
Park City Police Department
3355 Belvidere Road
Park City, Illinois 60085
The Park City Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.