Manteno Police Department Manteno, Illinois The Board of Police Commissioners of the Village of Manteno, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Manteno Police Department.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Manteno:
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Valid state-issued driver's license
- Must be between 21 and 35 years of age at time of application, unless previously employed as a police officer
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must successfully complete a written examination and oral interview
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph, psychological and medical testing
- Once hired, applicants must pass the physical fitness entrance requirements of the police academy
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee
Lateral Transfer Candidates:
An applicant who is certified by the State of Illinois as a police officer and who has a minimum of two (2) years' experience out of the last five (5) years employed as a full-time police officer in another jurisdiction will be placed on a lateral transfer eligibility list.
- Lateral transfer candidates are NOT required to take the written exam;
- Lateral transfer candidates ARE REQUIRED to participate in the oral interview process;
- A copy of your Law Enforcement Officer Certification must be submitted with your application.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. (CST).
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Preference Points will be awarded for the following:
- Military Experience: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) or equivalent proof of military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
All applications must be submitted on-line via the Apply to Serve website and applicants will be required to participate in a remote on-line exam. Anyone who does not have access to the internet can complete their application and/or written exam using a computer at the Manteno Police Department. Candidates needing this accommodation will need to contact the department at 815-929-4801 to make arrangements and schedule a time to complete the application and/or exam.
The Village of Manteno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.