City of Morris Police Department
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Morris, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Morris Police Department.
NOTE TO POTENTIAL APPLICANTS: This application process is limited to the first 175 applications submitted -OR- the deadline date of May 1, 2019, whichever occurs first.
Starting Salary (5/1/2019): $64,318
(Over 1 yr. $67,831; Over 2 yrs. $72,975; Over 4 yrs. $75,174; Over 6 yrs. $77, 439; Over 8 yrs. $84,619)
Sworn Police Officers: 26
- Longevity steps after years 1,2,4,6 and 8 ($84,619 after 8 years);
- Vacation: 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years and 5 weeks after 15 years;
- 48 hours of personal time per year;
- Paid sick leave;
- 11 paid holidays per year;
- Paid health insurance, including vision and dental;
- Participation in the Downstate Police Pension System;
- Life insurance of $60,000;
- Deferred compensation (employer contribution with voluntary employee contribution);
- $650 uniform allowance per year;
- Tuition reimbursement for approved college coursework.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Morris Board of Fire & Police Commissioners:
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 @ 4:00 PM (CST) -OR- when 175 applications submitted has been reached, whichever occurs first.
- U.S. citizenship (and/or alien admitted for permanent residence or lawfully admitted for temporary residence and who produces evidence of intention to become a citizen of the United States);
- No felony convictions (or any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude);
- Valid driver's license;
- Must be 21 years of age and under the age of 35 at the time of application (and under 35 at the time the final eligibility list is posted) unless otherwise exempt by State Statute (Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must present an Illinois POWER card at the time of hire (issued no earlier than 1 year prior to date of hire); POWER Test cards may be issued through either NIPSTA, Triton Community College, or Joliet Junior College;
- Residency: Must reside within 20 miles of the Morris Police Department (200 E. Chapin St. Morris, IL 60450) within 18 months from the date of hire;
Attend a Mandatory Orientation and Written Test on Saturday, May 18, 2019.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.ApplyToServe.com
The City of Morris, Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.