The Sauk Village Police Department is actively seeking Experienced Police Officers for Lateral Entry.
The Village of Sauk Village Police Department, a progressive south suburban town, is looking for the best candidates available to fill future positions as lateral entry police officers.
The Village of Sauk Village is located within Cook County, approximately 20 miles from Chicago. The Police Department is planning for continued growth to provide excellent service to our residents and commercial businesses.
Start Date 12/14/2020 and end 12/28/2020
All documents must be received on Tuesday, 1/5/2021 by 4:00 PM.
The Sauk Village Police Department values keeping its officers involved within the community and keeping officers engaged throughout their careers, by matching officers with his/her skills and interests to maximize the police department's effectiveness.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications for Lateral Entry:
Applicants for lateral appointment to the position of Police Officer must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
- Must be employed, whether currently or in the past, for at least 24 months as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer in a regular police department in any municipal, county, university, or State law enforcement agency and is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board ("ILETSB")
- State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Individuals must be at least 21 years old
- Education - High school education or equivalent thereof
- Must be able to provide validated evidence of successful completion and certification from an approved police academy
- Must have received satisfactory performance ratings on annual evaluations
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Be of high moral standards and display personal integrity and habits based upon the Village's values and standards
- Be free of any felony convictions, or misdemeanor criminal convictions as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-1-7 of the Illinois Revised Statutes
- Must speak, read and write the English language fluently
- Must be able to fully disclose all personnel matters including any agreements and any sealed files
- Must be able to successfully pass the probationary period
- Must provide copies of birth certificate, high school diploma or GED, military service record and discharge papers, social security card, valid driver's license, background release and resume
Application Process includes:
- Prescreening of application review by the Sauk Village Fire & Police Commission
- Pre-employment background investigation and credit check
- Oral Interview by Sauk Village Fire & Police Commission
- Establishment of Eligibility List
Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will also be required to complete and pass:
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical examination
- Vision screening
- Drug screening
Download Application Packet at:
Return Application To:
Sauk Village Fire and Police Commissioners
21801 S. Torrance Avenue
Sauk Village, IL 60411
The Village of Sauk Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer