The Village of Lombard is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of full time Front Desk Clerk for the Lombard Police Department. Front desk personnel perform a variety of duties in order to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to police/village personnel and the general public.
The primary duties include but are not limited to:
- provide phone reception for a multi-line phone system
- monitor patrol radio traffic and respond to requests for information
- monitor building and village campus video cameras
- create a summary log of reports submitted by the patrol division
- accept payment of fees or fines for administrative tows, parking citations and report requests
- operate LEADS state records system to enter, modify, update, and retrieve data regarding persons, vehicle and property records
- respond to and resolve in person citizen inquires and/or complaints Front Desk personnel utilize several computer programs including MS Office and LEADS.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask. Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent with one to two years of clerical/customer service experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities for this position.
Candidates must acquire full LEADS certification and NIMS compliance within 6 months of hiring. The position is for 41.25 hours per week on the afternoon shift from 2:45 pm – 11:15 pm. The position has a rotating work schedule which includes weekends and holidays.
Starting hourly rate is $20.83/hour. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Submit a completed application and a resume by Tuesday, April 9, 2019 to: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148, fax: (630) 620-8222, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER