Firefighter Paramedic - Full-Time
The City of St. Charles, IL, seeks enthusiastic individuals with a high degree of personal accountability and integrity to participate in a competitive evaluation process to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Starting salary effective 5/1/19 is $66,061 with a competitive benefit package to include a medical, dental, vision, life insurance, deferred compensation, retirement savings plan, EAP with a work/life component, a comprehensive wellness program, and much more.
Eligibility requirements for participation in the testing process consist of the following:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must have earned high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must possess a valid IL driver’s license
- Certification as a Firefighter II/Basic from the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal as of May 3, 2019
- Licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) through the Illinois Department of Public Health as of May 3, 2019
- 21 years of age at the time of application and under 35 years of age when the final eligibility list is posted. (or as otherwise exempt from age limitation by statute)
- Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) by June 22, 2019 Certification shall not be more than 1 year old as of May 3, 2019
- The current residency requirements are within the state of IL north of I80
Go to www.stcharlesil.gov/jobs to download the required supplemental application packet,
which includes a list of required documents and forms, which can either be uploaded into the online application or submitted in person to the City of St. Charles Human Resources office.
Applications are only considered complete when the on-line application has been completed, AND the supplemental application, required documents, and forms have been received.
All application materials are due by 3 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2019. Human Resources office hours are M-F 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and the phone is (630) 377-4446.
The following is a tentative schedule of the testing procedures:
- April 2, 2019 Applications available
- May 3, 2019 Deadline for submission of application/documentation/forms
- June 22, 2019 Orientation and written examination
- July/August 2019 Oral interviews
- August 23, 2019 Posting of Initial Eligibility Register
- September 16, 2019 Posting of Final Eligibility Register
Dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. Applicants are required to be present for all components of the testing process. Successful completion of a background investigation is required. Post offer, successful completion of a psychological assessment, physical, functional capacity evaluation, and drug screen are required.
The City of St. Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer.