Listening > Responding > Contributing
You're good at what you do, and you know why it matters. Here is an opportunity to bring your expertise into a dynamic environment and increase the positive impact of your talent.
We welcome you to inspire others, contribute to your profession, and enjoy the complete educational experience, collegial setting, and advanced resources of Harper.
POLICE OFFICER (LATERAL)
The Harper College Police Department is currently seeking applicants for the Police Officer position.
As a Police Officer, you will be responsible for the protection of life and property, prevention of crimes, preservation of peace, enforcement of all laws and ordinances, and the arrest and prosecution of violators.
- Current certification as a full-time Law Enforcement Officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board or the ability to obtain an out of state waiver from the ILETSB
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or related field OR combination of college education and experience or equivalent experience
- No Felony or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude
- Ability to patrol all facilities on foot
- A valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid FOID card or ability to obtain
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Uphold the College and police Departments Mission and Values
- Successful completion of an oral interview
- Successful completion of a background investigation
- Successful completion of a psychological evaluation
- Successful completion of a medical examination
To learn more about this position and apply, visit us at:
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.