The Harper College Police Department is currently seeking applicants for the Community Service Officer position.
Community Service Officer duties include provisions of communications/dispatch and patrol of a public safety nature as representatives of the Harper College Police Department (HCPD).
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Police, the Community Service Officer assists College personnel, and visitors, and enforces College rules and regulations, works in tandem with the Police Officers when called upon, provides service and protection to the people and property of Harper College, and is proactive in providing a safe environment for employees, students, and the public.
United in the spirit of teamwork, the Harper College Police Department is committed to providing the highest quality of police services to the people who learn, work, visit and teach at the Harper's three campuses.
- Be at least twenty years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to patrol on foot at all facilities.
- Ability to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Medical exam and drug testing
- Law enforcement or security experience.
- Associate degree or higher.
Required on the job training:
- Successfully complete of the HCPD training program within four months of employment.
- Successfully complete the Law Enforcement Agencies Data System (LEADS) LEADS – FULL ACCESS course within four months of employment.
- Successfully complete training in use of the College’s indices to inquire upon student records within four months of employment.
- Successfully complete First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) certification within 6 months of employment.
- Successfully complete Hazardous Materials-First Responder training within 6 months of employment.
To learn more about this position and apply, visit us at:
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.